The Eyexam Group ReOpening & Offering Appointments!
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the safety and well-being of our patients, staff and doctors is our first priority. Our team will continue to go above and beyond the expectations for optometry practices so that everyone who enters our practice will feel safe. We are sure that you are well aware of the concerns about COVID-19, and we would like you to know the steps we are taking. These measures include, but are not limited to:
An Expectations Checklist—For All of Us
Precautions You should Be Taking
- ALL patient encounters will be by appointment.
- Your temperature will be taken before entering the building.
- All patients must complete a COVID-19 questionnaire upon arrival at the practice.
- Appointment registration should be done by phone.
- We ask that you arrive at your appointment alone unless you are a minor and require adult supervision then we will allow one caregiver inside with the child.
- Patients will call upon arrival and wait in their car for their appointment.
- We ask that upon entering our clinic, that you immediately wash your hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer.
- Anyone who enters the building will be required to wear a face mask.
- We may ask you to leave the office if you show flu-like signs, cold/fever, or coughing.
- We will be practicing safe distancing within the office.
Steps Our Practice is Taking
- Appointment times will be spaced further apart to ensure social distancing.
- Hand sanitation stations are available at the entrance and throughout the practice.
- Plexiglass shields have been installed at the doctor’s check-in desk.
- All of our staff and doctors will be wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Spread-out patient chairs in the optical and reception area – at least 6 feet apart.
- Every chair will be disinfected between each use.
- Testing and examination rooms are disinfected after every patient exam, including all surfaces, instrumentation, door handles, and equipment.
- Regularly cleaning and disinfecting railings, door handles, counters, reception room areas, and all spaces where public interaction occurs.
- Limiting the number of patients in the office or any area at one time.
- The exam room and testing instruments will be disinfected after every patient.
- We will be aware of common “touch points” within the office such as doorknobs, counters, keyboard, phones, credit card machines, pens, etc. and will be disinfecting these as often as possible.
- All reading material has been removed from the waiting area.
- No signatures on credit card receipts – touchless transactions when possible.
- The office will be sanitized at the end of each day
- Discussions with doctors and staff will be kept to a minimum.